xml:lang attribute in HTML documents

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:52:05 -0400
To: public-html@w3.org

There seems to be a temporary inconsistency in the current draft (HTML 5
W3C Working Draft 10 April 2008):

  3.4.3 Authors must not use the xml:lang attribute in HTML documents.

  8.2.5.1 When the steps below require the user agent to adjust foreign
attributes ...

     xml:lang | xml | lang | XML namespace

I noticed then when I was reviewing the front page of my blog[1] to see if
it would be considered valid HTML5 per the current draft (if it were served
with a mime type of text/html, of course).  I believe that it would be,
modulo this one issue.

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://intertwingly.net/blog/