Re: [whatwg] Exploring new vocabularies for HTML

From: Philip Taylor <pjt47@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:48:02 +0100
To: Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>
CC: public-html@w3.org

Thomas Broyer wrote:
> To add to the discussion, here are small tests of IE's "namespace support":
> http://www.ltgt.net/ie-namespace-tests.html
> I've run the tests on IE7 on Vista, IE6 on WinXP SP2 (Virtual PC image
> from Microsoft) and IE8b1 on WinXP SP2 (Virtual PC image from
> Microsoft), the results are exactly the same.
>
> What's noticeable:

The behaviour is different if you document.write the namespaced HTML
code - namespace declarations are inferred automatically when you write
an element using a new prefix. Compare
http://philip.html5.org/misc/ie-namespace-tests.html to the version
above: the <baz:quux:foo>, <baz:foo> and <quux:foo> elements get put in
'baz' and 'quux' namespaces (with no urn) in IE6/8b1.

--
Philip Taylor
pjt47@cam.ac.uk