Re: several messages about New Vocabularies in text/html

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:58:48 +0100
To: annevk@opera.com
Cc: public-html@w3.org, www-math@w3.org

> That's actually still allowed. There's "special" handling i

Ah, sorry yes I missed that.

Personally I (and it seems others) would rather have a model that had a
whole lot less special handling for specific elements, but I know that
there are issues there and supporting existing world and not having
weird special cases is hard:-) So certainly speaking personally I'd put
up with more or less any amount of weird special handling if it gets
mathml that I can use into text/html (in a form that I can get it out
again).

So this thread's been rather long (especially for www-math where a
year's worth of mail has passed by in a week:-) But I'm fairly happy
about the direction it's going....

David