Re: The only name for the xml serialisation of html5

From: Dean Edridge <dean@55.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:20:06 +1300
To: Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
Cc: Adam Nash <adamn@wirespring.com>, public-html@w3.org

Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> On Friday, 28th of September you replied to Karl, asking: «Can we call the XML serialisation of the spec XHTML 5 or not?» Then, consider that the HTML 5 draft doesn't ask for such a permission. It only uses 'HTML 5' once (in the title) and  never use 'XHTML 5'. (If we really mean that are defining 'XHTML 5', then 'XHTML 5' should be in the title of the draft!) The draft is only «referring» to the two formats as  «XHTML5» and «HTML5». From section 1.3. Conformance requirements:
Um yeah ok. I think I see what you're saying here.

And in that case, I hereby formally request that the editors include
"XHTML5" into the title of the specifications.
I do so in the firm belief that this is in the best interest of XHTML.
And will encourage the adoption of the language by more people.

Thank you,

--
Dean Edridge
http://www.zealmedia.co.nz/