Re: The only name for the xml serialisation of html5

From: Dean Edridge <dean@55.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:59:42 +1200
To: Adam Nash <adamn@wirespring.com>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

Adam Nash wrote:
> On Friday 28 September 2007 12:06 pm, Dean Edridge wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to have an update on this please? Can we call the XML
>> serialisation of the spec XHTML 5 or not?
>>

> Have we considered "HTXML 5" for the XML serialization?

But why would we want to do this? There is no logically reason for doing so.

Under your idea the spec would have two serialisations:

HTML 5 (text/html)
HTXML 5 (application/xhtml+xml) or (application/xml)
This is not good idea, and creates more differences and more confusion
between the two serialisations.

Perhaps you should suggest to the XHTML 2 working group (private, not
open to the public)  that they rename their spec "HTXML 2" or "WXML 1"
or something like that.

This would clear the way for us to use the most obvious and logical
naming conventions for our spec:

   HTML 5 (text/html)
XHTML 5 (application/xhtml+xml) or (application/xml)

Thanks,

--
Dean Edridge
http://www.zealmedia.co.nz/