Re: HDP: Revised "Support Existing Content" Principle

aloha, marghanita!

there are many excellent internal (W3C) resources to assist you in
fleshing out the final phrase of your counter-proposal and in gaining
a better understanding of how assistive technologies work with web
technologies, amongst which are:

1. Accessibility Features of HTML4
   * http://www.w3.org/WAI/References/HTML4-access
also:
   * http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS-access.html/

2. Components of Web Accessibility:
   * http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/components.php

3. Alternative Web Browsing
   * http://www.w3.org/WAI/References/Browsing

i have attempted to collect such material in the HTML wiki page
located at:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/AccessibilityDependencies

gregory.
It is better to ask some of the questions than to know
all the answers.                      -- James Thurber
Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net
         Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus
Oedipus' Online Complex: http://my.opera.com/oedipus