Re: Proposal for Keyboard Shortcuts for HTML5

At 07:03 AM 9/20/2007, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>Keyboard shortcuts are useful for a number of reasons:

I agree with Asbjørn Ulsberg -- a very good
suggestion. So many times that I've tried to
create a web app using CTRL A, CTRL C, CTRL V,
and their cousins so that the user can copy and
paste content that she has created and the like
only to find that the browser has absconded with
these things, and of course all browsers just
enough differently to cause minor anguish. CTRL R
(which I wanted to use to reselect a previously
selected subgraph in a graph drawing utility )
turned out to be particularly destructive to
dynamic content the user had developed since it
means refresh the browser window (aka kill all
newly created content). Additional safeguards so
that one can override browser functions which
might be destructive to dynamic content might be
welcome as well, though perhaps the proposed solution addresses this as well.

David Dailey