Re: Proposal for Keyboard Shortcuts for HTML5

From: Adam Roben <aroben@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:36:53 -0700
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> If a Mac Browser were to have the suggested Page Shortcuts Menu, it
> might display "Compose New Message ^%N", where ^ and % are my
> representations of the up-arrow and cloverleaf characters that would
> actually be used to avoid sending non-ASCII email to the list.
It might be useful to add a DOM attribute to the <command> element that
would return the UA's textual representation of the resulting shortcut.
This would be useful, for example, if a web app wanted to provide a
documentation page that listed all of their shortcuts. The best name
I've been able to come up with so far is "computedShortcutKey".

-Adam