Re: is SCOPE sufficient? - a test based on WCAG2 techniques example

From: Marghanita da Cruz <marghanita@ramin.com.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:54:02 +1000
To: "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>
CC: public-html@w3.org

Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:
> aloha!
>
> a few days ago, i archived the following explanatory emessage with an
> attached test file in a post archived at:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2007Sep/0056.html
>
> the test file is archived at:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2007Sep/att-0056/form-in-
> table-uses-tabindex-and-scope.html
<snip>
Hi Gregory (note message not copied to wai-xtech@w3.org as I am not on that list),

Following up from the screenshot, I sent to you offlist - did you intend for the
main/column header to extend across the row headers? Or does the green indicate
that you intended "search results to appear at the top, above the first
column/row labels.

My own strawpolling of browser support for XHTML/HTML revealed some
unexpected variability on how different browsers handle the Alt Text.
I have had no first hand experience of Assistive Technologies and would be
interested to know if these variations matter?

Screenshots for Konquerer/Firefox/Iceweazel (Linux/MSWin)/IE are at
<http://www.ramin.com.au/linux/html-strawpolls.shtml>

I would like to add screenshots of Opera and Safari. Firefox seems pretty
consistent across platforms.

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz