Re: [html] Semantics of "aside", "header", and "footer"

Hi Jens,

On Sep 17, 2007, at 8:55 AM, Jens Meiert wrote:

>>> As far as I also understand recent feedback on that matter, we
>>> certainly don't make a mistake by reconsidering the names and
>>> probably even modify the semantics of “header”, “footer”, and
>>> “aside”. (Probably flanked by a quick survey?)
>
> Is it legitimate to create a wiki page related to the “aside”,
> “header”, and “footer” discussion?

Yes, I think that would definitely be worth having on the wiki. Right
now there are three starter pages for those elements [1]. It might be
worth adding a new page that interlinks with those pages to discuss
the issues raised in this thread. This would include metadata issues,
presentational issues, etc.

Take care,
Rob

[1]: <http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/AddedElementAside>