RE: screen-reader versus self-voicing app

From: T.V Raman <raman@google.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:10:50 -0700
To: oedipus@hicom.net
Cc: raman@google.com, lisa@ubaccess.com, unagi69@concentric.net, chaals@opera.com, st@isoc.nl, public-html@w3.org, wai-xtech@w3.org

Here are my final few words on this topic:

0)   You're right in lamenting the lack of progress in the last
10 years in Windows Screenreaders. But at the end of the day,
users get  what they deserve and demand --- given that the
target user community has turned a blind eye on any alternatives
and insists on using a single solution, you shouldn't have to
look far for the  root-cause of these  problems.

1)   You use the term "average" quite often in your well-written
note.Personally I prefer to be above the mean.

2)   Finally, when  we fall victim to the viewpoiint that "being
average is good", simple math tells you that the quality of what
is average will drop over time.

Have fun --

--
Best Regards,