Re: Hierarchies with tabular data...

From: Peter Krantz <peter.krantz@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 08:02:58 +0200
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On 10/14/07, Ben 'Cerbera' Millard <cerbera@projectcerbera.com> wrote:

> These are the things we need links to. Pictures of operating systems where
> the interface is built without using HTML are less relevant than actual use
> cases of heirarchical tables published in HTML.

Example 4 was such a table in HTML. There is a chicken and egg
scenario at work here. Maybe it will be difficult to find such tables
in HTML becaues they are hard to do? This does not mean that there
isn't a need for them...

Typically tree tables appear in many document management solutions.
See [1] for another HTML-based example (requires signup to their trial
service).

Regards,

Peter

[1]: http://www.projectplace.com/en/products/free_trial/