Re: Proposal for developing HTML 5 materials for Web *authors*

Le 21 nov. 2007 à 22:55, Maciej Stachowiak a écrit :
> The languages already have discrepancies. That is not in our power
> to change. Both classic HTML syntax and XML syntax were defined
> years ago and there are some incompatibilities that will probably
> never be resolved. Trying to write in the approximate common subset
> is really hard; most people who try get it wrong, even if they are
> experts.

Exactly why having one way of writing should be encouraged.
The parsing algorithm consuming has to accept different kind of
syntax. That's cool.
The authoring requirements can be stricter to lead for one way of
writing. That's cool.

The fact for example to say you should write
	or <p class='boo'>…</p>
does not change anything to the parsing algorithm, doesn't change
anything to the implementation of browsers.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/