Re: Proposal for developing HTML 5 materials for Web *authors*

Edward O'Connor wrote:
> Dean Edridge wrote:
>

>> The point is: there may be, for argument sake, 15 differences between
>> HTML and XHTML.
>> Is it not worth the effort to reduce the amount of differences by two or
>> three?
>>
>> A lot of differences are easily resolved and not quite the hindrance
>> that you and other people make them out to be.
>>

> Do you have specific examples of differences that could be easily
> resolved, that aren't already resolved in the spec?

Hi Edward,

Just contact me off list if I'm unable to answer your query.

All I'm saying is that some of the main differences can be solved by
reducing the amount of different syntaxes there are availble:

Instead of having all these different syntaxes:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/print.css" type="text/css" media="print"/>
<link rel=stylesheet href="/css/print.css" type="text/css" media=print>

We can instead just have these syntaxes allowed in the spec:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/print.css" type="text/css" media="print"/>

Cheers,
Dean Edridge