Re: Proposal for developing HTML 5 materials for Web *authors*

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Just adding an xmlns attribute is not nearly enough to turn a
> nontrivial document into conforming XHTML5. Pretending so is a bad idea.

Of course, and I never said that it was.

> Seriously, does it make any real difference to anyone whether, for
> instance, the Google homepage double quotes its attributes? Would
> there be any benefit to humanity if it was changed?

Of course my suggestions are intended to benefit the whole world. I
wouldn't just come up with an idea that solely suited me.

My idea is based on increasing interoperability between serialisations,
reducing inconsistencies between documents that will have been produced
by differrent people and different tools/machines.

But it would seem that some others don't care too much about that.
Perhaps they don't have the vision to see both HTML5 and XHTML5 being
used successfully on the web together in the future. And therefore have
not thought about future compatibility problems.

Thanks,
Dean Edridge