Re: Format for type attribute value

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:58:41 +0100
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 05:16:40 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU> wrote:
> Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Multiple media-type values? What would that be good for?
> Rendering the web?  In particular, it's not uncommon for servers (esp.
> when CGIs are involved) to produce things like:
> Not sure where that normalization happens offhand (server end or Gecko
> end).

I once did some basic testing on this[1] and when you're sending the
non-normalized version from the server Internet Explorer will pick the
first Content-Type header and Firefox and Opera the second. For the
Location header Internet Explorer and Opera pick the first and Firefox the

Anne van Kesteren