Re: Release "HTML Design Principles" as a W3C Working Draft

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:52:10 -0600
To: "Philip Taylor (Webmaster)" <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 14:13 +0000, Philip Taylor (Webmaster) wrote:
> According to my analysis, there were 34 members of
> the WG who did not agree with the proposed publication.
>
> May I respectfully ask on what basis you (Dan C) have
> therefore decided that 51 votes in favour represents
> the consensus that is required before publication may
> proceed ?

I am not claiming there is consensus; there is clearly
a formal objection. While consensus is always a goal,
it is not required for publication:

 "Consensus is not a prerequisite for approval to publish"
 -- 7.4.1 First Public Working Draft
 http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#first-wd

I am saying that the chairs have reviewed the responses
to the proposal and the decision of the Working Group
is to proceed with publication.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E