Re: Complex Table Examples

From: Alexander Graf <alexander.graf@deri.at>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 20:02:30 +0200
Cc: "Ben Boyle" <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com>, "Laura Carlson" <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> The arguments for removing it are that the feature isn't widely used

That is ridiculous. Just as an example, I had a talk last week where I
mentioned the more advanced attributes of tables like headers=*. Several
people attending my talk had already used headers and most of the
others were very interested in how to properly use those attributes.

> I'm not sure I see the advantages in an increased learning cost for
> authors

If an author doesn't require them, he doesn't have to implement
headers=*