Re: 'role' should be property

From: Dmitry Turin <html60@narod.ru>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 16:40:01 +0400
To: public-html@w3.org

Good day, all.

---CSS as brackets

I proceed from other division:
grouped values (they are specified in css) and
un-grouped values (they are specified in attributes of each tag).

I pass arithmetic analogue to clarify: it's worse to calculate
  a*b + a*c + a*d + a*e + a*f
than to calculate
  a*(b+c+d+e+f)

It's worse to write values many times

  <... class="a" role="x">
  <... class="a" role="x">
  <... class="a" role="x">

  <... class="b" role="y">
  <... class="b" role="y">
  <... class="b" role="y">

than to add value into css

  <... class="a">
  <... class="a">
  <... class="a">

  <... class="b">
  <... class="b">
  <... class="b">

  .a {
    role: x;
  }

  .b {
    role: y;
  }

TB> I strongly believe they [roles] must appear in the *markup*
TB> I'm a believer that ... web sites remain accessible without stylesheets
DG> in order to understand semantics of an HTML document,
DG> you'll need to parse the stylesheet.

No any external resources.

Dmitry Turin
http://html6.by.ru