Re: 'role' should be property

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> About the role: it should be role DOM attribute and role CSS [property]
> that allowed to override value of the DOM attribute.

   Note that this is actually contradictory to the way CSS is handled.
If a specify a |style| attribute on an element, that element will have
that style regardless of what's in the style sheet. What you propose
would be the equivalent of having the style sheet override the |style|
element.

> IAccessible::accRole() [1] is a good example of the case.
> Currently is just impossible for the web author willing to deliver
> rich content to make it yet accessible.
[Snip!]
> [1] http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms696152.aspx

   Why can't be just standardize a way of using ARIA with HTML[1]?
Perhaps we could roll it into some microformats:

|   <head>
|     content="http://www.w3.org/2007/05/aria-microformat" title="axs">
|   </head>
|     class="myslider axs slider valuemin-0 valuemax-50 valuenow-33"
|     tabindex="0" >

   In the above, the <meta> tag associates the class name "axs" with an
accessibility microformat. When the class name is declared in a |class|
attribute, the element it's declared on and all it's children will have
their class names checked first against the microformat associated with
"axs". If there's a match, the class names will only be processed for
that specific microformat or supersets thereof. Thus, you can specify
exactly what microformat you want processed and avoid conflicts.

   If the "axs" class name is omitted, the microformat associated with
"axs" will become the first default to check if no other microformat is
specified. If the <meta> is omitted as well, the user agent can still
process the microformat, but the order of processing will be determined
by the user agent.

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/adaptable/HTML4/embedding-20061212.html