Re: Unscoped <style> found outside the <head>

On May 30, 2007, at 1:11 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> On May 29, 2007, at 23:07, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>
>> For purposes of document conformance, the new <style scoped>
>> feature in the HTML5 draft would be allowed anywhere in the
>> document - this is already true in the draft.
>
> Actually, in the current draft <style scoped> is only allowed at
> the start of article, aside, div, and section elements.

My mistake. This would make Dave's proposed change to its processing
a relatively smaller change for conforming documents, but possibly
also less important, since the only backwards style application would
be up to the parent, and even then only if one of the contained rules
applies. (I have no strong opinion on it either way.)

Cheers,
Maciej