Re: Complex Table Examples

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 00:51:01 +0200
To: "Laura Carlson" <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On Tue, 29 May 2007 22:33:04 +0200, Laura Carlson
<laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Headers and summary are two attributes that suffer horribly from
>> ignorance. I strongly feel that they'd be used more often if most
>> programmers actually knew they existed.

So given that they are not used and are make authoring large tables a
nightmare why not define the implicit table model from HTML4 a bit more
explicit (as HTML5 does) and have AT vendors implement that? They might
even support current web content better.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>