Re: Paving Cowpaths

Le 28 mai 2007 à 17:42, Stephen Stewart a écrit :
> The first two points have already been started I think:
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/section-
> writing.html#writing

As much as I would like to be it.  This is not a tutorial for Web
authors. I think there is a big misunderstanding here.

Give this to any Web designers, and I'm pretty sure you will have big
eyes. Reality check ;)

     Documents must consist of the following parts, in the
     given order:
     1. Optionally, a single U+FEFF BYTE ORDER
     MARK (BOM) character.

The section says it clearly, it is for serializing.

     This section only applies to documents,
     authoring tools, and markup generators.

It is intended for implementers (which is fine), not  for humans
writing Web documents and who want to learn about the semantics of
HTML. Plus the fact, people will ask for Best Practices about the
markup, etc. Even for authoring tools, it might be very limited, but
this is another topic, which would need a review by authoring tool
developers.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***