Re: Unscoped <style> found outside the <head>

On May 27, 2007, at 1:03 AM, Daniel Glazman wrote:

> David Hyatt wrote:
>
>> I think "scoped" should be even more limited than it already is,
>> and that the HTML5 spec should limit the scoping to nodes that
>> follow the <style> in a pre-order traversal of the tree.
>

> 1. and you expect web authors are going to understand that ?

This behavior is clearly what Web authors think happens now when they
misuse <style> in random spots in the middle of the document.  They
just think they've thrown some extra rules into the page that will
apply to following content.  They don't think that it will
retroactively apply to previous content in the page.