Re: Unscoped <style> found outside the <head>

On May 27, 2007, at 12:58 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> On May 27, 2007, at 07:08, David Hyatt wrote:
>
>> that the HTML5 spec should limit the scoping to nodes that follow
>> the <style> in a pre-order traversal of the tree.
>
> Making <style scoped> apply to nodes that follow the parent of
> from the point of view of authoring documents. For authoring
> intuitiveness, limiting the scope to the subtree rooted at the
> parent of <style scoped> makes more sense.

I see what you mean.  However, I still don't think <style scoped>
should apply to any prior content.  Ideally scoped would be defined
in such a way that no re-resolution has to occur as you do a forward
parse of the document.  What about the intersection of the two
approaches?  Limiting the scope only to following siblings of <style>
(and their descendants)?

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)