Re: WF2, attach hidden xml

From: Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 20:03:08 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org
2007/5/23, Laurens Holst:
> Doesn't IE have XML Data Islands that offer this functionality?
>
> I don't know how they work exactly, but…

That also came to my mind at first read (actually it was more about
the cross-browser "XML-Script" they made for their AJAX framework) but
Dmitri's talking about Web Forms, so maybe he's talking about moving
data towards the server too?

That being said, the XML-Script feature I'm talking about above is
used by http://ajax.asp.net and consists of putting XML inside a CDATA
element, namely <script>. See
<http://www.nikhilk.net/AtlasXMLScript.aspx> for an example.

The XML "island" is entirely parsed with JavaScript (except if used in
application/xhtml+xml in an XHTML-aware browser).

Although flagged with "parse errors", such "scripts" are correctly
parsed by the algorithm from the current HTML5 draft.

--
Thomas Broyer