Re: WF2, attach hidden xml

On 5/21/07, Dmitry Turin <html60@narod.ru> wrote:

> I not found how to add abitrary xml-tree to sending xml-tags,
> i.e. how to attach _hidden_ xml-tree to form.
> Thus i offer new html-element <hidden>,
> and i offer to place mentioned xml-tree inside it,
> for example

I'm not sure that 'hidden' is the right title for such an attribute,
but I think there is some value in having a method by which one can
include XML data in to HTML. The browser need not *do* anything with
it (just as it need not 'do' anything with microformats), but could
optionally do something with it. If you see user agents as only
Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari, this will be somewhat pointless
- but for the 'long tail' of user agents, there is a great deal of
value in being able to extract 'purer' XML data from an (X)HTML
document.

(X)HTML documents are being used as method for moving data around, and
having a number of viable approaches means that it's less likely for
people to have to engage in ugly 'hacks' or break the CSS/style use of
elements and attributes.

--
Tom Morris
http://tom.opiumfield.com/blog/