Re: Proposal: Chained Classnames (was: Extension Mechanism for HTML)

From: Charles Ying <charles.ying@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:52:22 -0700
To: "Anders Ringqvist" <anders.ringqvist@gmail.com>
Cc: public-html@w3.org

Hi Anders,

On 5/11/07, Anders Ringqvist <anders.ringqvist@gmail.com> wrote:

> I donīt know if I misunderstand but isnīt this in conflict with what
> the spec. says about multiple class assignments, in other words that
> an element can inherit from more classes and that all declarations in
> all assigned classes should be applied?

Could you clarify which spec you're referring? (e.g., HTML5, CSS,
HTML4 or other). WHATWG HTML5 specifies that multiple classes can be
specified by the class attribute.

I have updated the proposal with Q&A, to save some bandwidth with the list.

http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/ProposalChainedClassnames

Best,
Charles