Re: Getting beyond the ping pong match (was RE: Cleaning House)

On Tue, 08 May 2007 15:25:58 +0100, Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
wrote:

>> If we defined <example> element, wouldn't it be almost as (un)likely to
>> be mis-used as <p class=example>?
>
> This discussion is not about potential misuse but about conflicts with
> existing specifications and usage.

I'm trying to generalize the problem - ignoring reason _why_ there would
be non-conformant uses (in the light of HTML5 spec) of these classes on
the web, just looking at the _result_.

I think there result will be lots of uses matching specification and some
cases which aren't in line with what spec says. When you compare it with
usage of any other HTML element today, the cause is different, but the
effect is the same.

--
regards, Kornel Lesinski