Re: Is not better using role="copyright" or <link rel="copyright"> element?

Diego La Monica wrote:
> Other people proposed and explained about role attribute. But at the
> end of this message I will re-explain why i prefer that attribute against
> other solutions.
> [---]
> Indeed i prefer role attribute that, just added to the correct copyright
> information already visible on the page, makes his works correctly,
> without forcing webmasters/authors to changing css rules.
> [---]
> And, as wrote Philip Taylor in a recente message: [ "Class", in classic
> HTML, has no pre-defined semantics ] that means that we mixed
> semantic with no semantic informations.

Exactly. Completely agree. I do prefere role attribute over
predefined classnames (this should be pretty clear from one of
my recently sent message [1]).

But my question was: Why, in the particular case of copyright,
would you prefere a role attribute instead of a new element
<copyright>?

As I see it, the role attribute is useful, when the role could
be applied to many different kinds of elements. For example the
role "example" could be applied to example paragraphs, sections,
figures, codeblocks, etc. But in the the case of copyright notice you
would really only want to apply that role to small passages of text
(a paragraph or a span). This looks almost similar to the
<address> element. So why not a <copyright> element?

BTW. Thanks for pointing out the already existing rel="copyright" -
my proposed license attribute is therefore not needed.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007May/0746.html

--
Rene Saarsoo