Re: Is not better using role="copyright" or <link rel="copyright"> element?

Diego La Monica wrote:

> Rene Saarsoo:
>
>>    <copyright license="http://www.microsoft.com/">
>>      (c) 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
>>    </copyright>
>
> Diego La Monica:
> I think that the ways we could follow are two: using of role attribute (i
> prefere this) or using the <link> tag in the head.

It's strange that you say you prefere the role attribute, and
then go on explaining all about <link rel="copyright">.
Also you didn't even mention, _why_ you would prefere role
attribute over separate <copyright> element. Anyway...

The problem with <link rel="copyright"> is that, well, we have
had it for quite some time available, but who uses it?
Practically none [1].

On the other hand, there are tons of pages, who use visible
copyright notices. I can't really imagine, why would anyone
want an invisible copyright notice? If it's not visible, then
for average Joe who doesn't peek into page source, it's
completely of no use.

And <link> doesn't help at all when you want to mark up
your visible copyright notice.

[1] <http://code.google.com/webstats/2005-12/linkrels.html>

--
Rene Saarsoo