Re: Proposed list of predefined class names (was: Re: Getting beyond the ping pong match)

I'm in agreement that these should NOT be pre-defined classes, but
something akin to "role".  I like your ideas for uses.

For "error", screen readers could have an option to read <error> messages
before anything else on the screen.

For the search, I can see the option being to both jump to the search
element and also indicate it in some way (flashing the input field, for
example).  Of course, many sites have multiple search fields, so maybe
such a button could iterate over them.

These buttons could be included on an optional browser "standard site
navigation" menu (either built in, or available as a plugin), where the
buttons on context-sensitive and display if the corresponding "role"
attributes are found on the page.  By that I mean something like:

Return to top | Jump to search | Jump to errors (3 found)

-Matt