Proposed list of predefined class names (was: Re: Getting beyond the ping pong match)

From: Rene Saarsoo <nene@triin.net>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 16:18:21 +0300
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

> The more I think about it the less I think that the current list of
> predefined class names in the spec is a good idea at all.
> [---]
> What is special about the class names in the list?

I don't think it is a bad list. Many of them seem quite
useful to me.

copyright:
A screen reader user could easily skip to the copyright
information of the article he is reading.

error and warning:
Non-CSS-aware browsers like Lynx could display errors and
warnings in distinctive way (e.g. in red).

search:
A browser could implement a shortcut for jump-to-search.

example, note and issue:
Without CSS it might be otherwise quite hard to tell, where
a group of example paragraphs end and normal content starts.
The same with "note" and "issue", although I'm not quite sure,
should the "issue" really be included into that list - doesn't
seem such a common use-case to me.

--
Rene Saarsoo