(was: Re: Cleaning House)

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
> 1. Taxonomic designations.
>
> Suggested HTML: "We belong to the species <span lang="la">Homo sapiens
> sapiens</span>."
>
> 2. Technical term.
>
> Suggested HTML: "Authors <term>should</term> use semantic markup."
>
> 3. Idiomatic phrase from another language.
>
> Suggested HTML: "Semantic markup has no <span lang="fr">je ne sais
> quoi</span>."

Regarding the first three cases, I think the formerly suggested
<term> [1] pretty well covers them all, as these are actually
just three different kinds of terms: taxonomic term, technical term,
and foreign language term:

We belong to the species <term lang="la">Homo sapiens sapiens</term>.
Authors <term>should</term> use semantic markup.
Semantic markup has no <term lang="fr">je ne sais quoi</term>.

[1] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/0179.html>

--
Rene Saarsoo