Re: Proposed list of predefined class names

Jonas Sicking wrote:
> You could certainly give them semantic meaning by doing the above. But
> you could do that even if the list wasn't in the spec. The thing is that
> they are no more or less likely to have the semantic meaning that you
> think it did than if we said "here are some class names people seem to
> use a lot, treat them like they have semantic meaning based on their
> name".
>
> Basically what we are doing is that we are guessing that most people
> that currently use class=error in their pages are using it to indicate
> an error message. But anyone could make that guess.

Alright, I think I misunderstood you at first place. I thought
you were against marking up warnings, copyrights and other
units per se. But it looks you are actually against using class
names for that purpose - in that case, I'm in agreement with you.

--
Rene Saarsoo