Re: HTML forms, XForms, Web Forms - which and how much?

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 13:36:34 +0100
To: public-html@w3.org

Hi Henri,

> 3) WF2 is designed to be implementable as script libraries without
> binary plug-in installation in IE6 (and 7). This constrains e.g. the
> repetition syntax.

Not at all. We have a 'formsPlayer Ajax Edition' that implements all
of XForms, and does not rely on any plug-ins. The people over at
FormsFaces have done exactly the same thing. In other words, although
a plug-in or native browser implementation will be faster and can
support more features, it is not a requirement for XForms.

Regards,

Mark

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer