Re: Cleaning House

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 18:51:37 +1000
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: public-html@w3.org

Julian Reschke wrote:
> Speaking of which, I'm not really sure why the UA parsing requirements
> with respect to processing invalid content need to be normative at all.
> As far as I can tell, there's really no need to make them normative.

If you don't make the processing requirements normative, then UAs can
just implement whatever they like and claim conformance.  That doesn't
help anyone at all, it just leaves us with the same situation we're in
now.  We're trying to fix the problem, not just ignore it.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/