Re: In the interest of opening a new can of worms...

On Wed, 02 May 2007 20:45:50 +0200, Debi Orton <oradnio@wsg.net> wrote:

> I've been trying hard to keep up with the e-mail threads while
> simultaneously looking through the proposed HTML 5 documentation, and
> do not recall seeing this question being asked or answered.  But
> admittedly, there's a lot of material flowing back and forth and I
> may have missed it.
>
> Will our work on a new specification be able to incorporate
> recommendations of the WAI-ARIA workgroup -- for example, role and
> state attributes for elements?

Of course. This group can consider anything - and looking at stuff that is implemented in browsers whose base is some variant of HTML 4 (since what is actually used on the web is a collection of things that are sort of based on that, rather than some currently written specification) is a good way to decide what things are relevant to the Web in our context.

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com  Catch up: Speed Dial  http://opera.com