Re: missing principle

Patrick Taylor wrote:

> Absolutely.
>
> Text/plain is my preferred method of email communication, but it seems
> pretty obvious that most problems with HTML emails aren't with HTML, but
> with (1) the crufty, non-standard code generated by email apps; (2) poor
> forwarding support by email UAs; and (3) poor taste (fixing that is --I
> think-- outside our mandate).

I know at least three ways of quoting an HTML message in a reply
because the HTML 4 spec did not specify one. There is no simple way to
insert replies inside an original HTML message preserving the original
layout because we never though about it. And so on.
So I agree Mail User Agent vendors have a responsability here, but only
because spec authors never provided them with the material they needed
to implement an interoperable solution. In other words, they did their
best with what they had. In my humble opinion, it's our responsability
to forward-think.

</Daniel>