Re: <font> (was Support Existing Content)

On May 1, 2007, at 16:41, Denis Boudreau (WebConforme) wrote:

> Accessibility experts, among others are flipping out. Taking out
> headers and summary? I mean come on...

It would help if the accessibility experts explained how existing AT
make use of headers and summary (including documenting the processing
models for headers used by real AT). Once it has been established how
existing AT supports these features, it would be helpful to establish
how authors use them.

(Some things may seem obvious to accessibility experts. They may not
seem obvious to other people. The accessibility experts need to
explain to others how this stuff is really used. Just saying that it
is needed for accessibility and expecting everyone to nod in
agreement because accessibility is good is not sufficient when we
need to spec processing models.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi