Re: Review of Proposed Design Principles

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 13:24:17 -0700
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>

Hi Doug,

On May 1, 2007, at 1:16 PM, Doug Schepers wrote:

> I've reviewed "HTML Design Principles (Proposed)", and I approve of
> all
> but one of the principals.  Again, I don't think any of them should
> be sacred and inviolate, but they seem mostly harmless.

Thanks for your review.

> However, "Support Existing Content" is still being hotly debated...
> not only as to how this could be accomplished, but whether it's
> even a good idea.
>
> Thus I don't think it's appropriate to include this into the
> official design principles.

I've read the feedback on this principle from you and others. I will
propose some alternate wording to see if we can get wider agreement.
If we can't find consensus wording, I'll probably ask the chairs to
call for a formal decision on this principle, but I'm hoping most of
the concerns expressed here can be addressed.

Regards,
Maciej