Re: [whatwg] <font> (was Support Existing Content)

On 5/1/07 12:02 PM, "Andrew Sidwell" <takkaria@gmail.com> wrote:

> Philip Taylor (Webmaster) wrote:
>>

>> Adrian Sutton wrote:
>>
>>> If you outlaw the <font> tag, you'll just get <span style="font-family:
>>> ...."> instead which has no more semantic benefit and is far more
>> difficult
>>> to work with.
>>
>> I'm sorry, I disagree : I can disable document-embedded CSS in
>> my browser, if I find a document difficult or impossible
>> to read -- I don't believe there is any corresponding proposal
>> to allow browser users to specify which sub-set of tags the
>> browser should ignore.
>
> A quick test-case:
>
>    <!DOCTYPE html>
>
> Shows that at least Firefox 1.5, when View->Page Style->No Style is
> selected, the text "This should be green." is not green.  I see no other
> option in IE 7, and my installation of Opera seems to have gone walkabouts.
>
> Andrew Sidwell

I think this bit of html should continue to work in future browsers but I
wouldn't care if the author is upset that he can't change the font color
dynamically via some dom scripting due to html5 not _officially
recommending_ use of <font> or something.

--
::   thyme online ltd
::   po box cb13650  nassau  the bahamas