Re: Support Existing Content

On Tuesday 2007-05-01 09:05 -0700, T.V Raman wrote:
> implementations to emerge over time, I think we would be
> well-served by defining:
>
> A)  A clean, lean language
> B)  A mapping from today's mess to (A)

I think this is what the WHATWG spec [1] is already doing.  It
defines how to parse tag-soup HTML into a tree structure, but then
defines the rest of the spec in terms of that tree structure.  It
also defines an XML serialization that uses XML rules to build the
tree structure.

-David

[1] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/