Re: Support Existing Content

Gareth Hay schrieb:

>>> I suppose I'm not technically advanced enough to understand the point
>>> you are making here Dao.
>>
>> See <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007May/0040.html>:
>> unwritten) protocol, yet your mail wasn't rejected and I was able to
>> read it. That was just an example for fault tolerance, and why it's
>> needed.
>>
> Actually, I think it was the subject line that was missing, because I
> wanted to quote more than one mail I chose to forward rather than reply.
> And indeed illustrates my point perfectly. If you allow people to get
> away with shoddy practices, they won't stop. had the mail been rejected,
> I would have been forced to take corrective action to get the message to
> you all.
>
> You see this as an advantage, I see it as a disadvantage, why should I
> conform, when you can clearly still read my mails if I don't?

Fair enough, but you're an advanced user. Not everybody would have
figured out that it was due to forwarding. You can't educate everybody,
so some mails would simply be lost.

To get back to our topic, you can chose XHTML if you personally want
that strictness (as I do sometimes), but it would be quite a high burden
for casual users.

--Dao