Re: Support Existing Content

I would like that, but the fact is that for a long time people won't
upgrade their browsers, so they can add the HTML  doctype and even if
the page is badly broken with regards to what HTML5 says it will be
rendered in their non-html5 browsers, and if they try a HTML5 browser
and see that their pages no longer works, many times they will blame
it on the new version of the browser because the previous version
works fine and the rest of their non-html5 browsers still render it
fine.

So they drop the new version and go back to their crappy non-html5
browser that does all they need.