Re: Support Existing Content

At 02:54 PM 5/1/2007 +0200, Terje Bless wrote:
>A few days ago I speculated on IRC that the text, as written, exposes a
>“browser” point of view that many seem to find objectionable. I wonder
>if the different prose point of view, of essentially the same text,
>illustrated below would address some of those concerns.
>[...]
>Modified: [[[
>     The specification of [HTML5] should not make it impossible, or
>     inordinately difficult, for User Agents implementing [HTML5] to
>     continue supporting existing content. Ideally, web documents and
>     applications authored against older implementations, and which do
>     not specifically request HTML5 processing, should be possible to
>     process in an HTML5 implementation.
>]]]

Sorry. This doesn't help me at all. It still speaks to user agents.

         HTML 5 will be a superset of all previous incarnations of HTML,
         whether as W3C specification, user agent instantiations, or
         instances of HTML documents on the web and on intranets.
         (As a result, user agents which can accommodate HTML 5 should
         be able to accommodate earlier versions of HTML.)

Does that say what needs to be said?

Regards,

Murray