Re: HTML forms, XForms, Web Forms - which and how much?

It would be more helpful to talk in terms of the design patterns,
e.g. the utility of model-view-controller for decoupling UI from the
data and the benefits that brings to expressing integrity
constraints and data submission. This is sorely lacking in HTML
Forms, despite being a well established and highly valued design
pattern. Another example is the reduction in bugs through the use of
declarative representations versus procedural code. Most websites
after all do want to field bug free applications.