3.7. Document metadata

From: Ben Boyle <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 00:23:16 +1000
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

3.7.2. The title attribute

Kudos! We have best practice authoring advice in the spec (and it's
good advice too).

3.7.4. The link element

"If the href attribute is absent, then the element does not define a link."
suggest replacing "does not define a link" with "is invalid" or "is
ignored" - or is the plan to allow placeholder link elements for DOM
manipulation? (then how about "defines a placeholder link" with some
explanation of what that means).

Ditto for @rel.

"hyperlink links" ?? lol. I don't think the terminology of "links to
external resources" nor "hyperlink links" is clear. Perhaps "Links to
supporting resources (e.g. stylesheets)" and "links to related
resources (e.g. next document in sequence)" as an alternative? (or to
start discussion)

"One element can create multiple links" - how? Is this done by
specifying multiple tokens? Suggest we have an example here to

"The exact behaviour for links to external resources depends on the
exact relationship" - I'd remove the two occurrences of "exact" in
that phrase.

(I'll have to review meta and style another time).