Re: tabindex=bogus (detailed review of Semantics)

From: Shawn Medero <smedero@ldc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:27:04 -0400
To: public-html <public-html@w3.org>

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 12:06 -0500, Jon Barnett wrote:
> On 7/26/07, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
> >
> > (This is part of my detailed review of the Semantics and structure of HTML
> > elements section.)
> >
> > In Firefox, any element that has a tabindex attribute specified,
> > regardless of its value, receives focus when it is clicked. Is this to be
> > considered a bug in Firefox or should the spec be updated to reflect this?
> > --
> This was added in Firefox 1.5 to mimic IE behavior, iirc.
>
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Accessible_DHTML

For reference, I think it is the case that anything in IE 5, 5.5 and 6
that "hasLayout" can have a functional tabindex:

* http://juicystudio.com/article/ie-keyboard-navigation.php#iehaslayout
* http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html

I am not sure what IE 7 does... I don't have a free moment to reboot
into Vista to find out either.

-s