Re: tabindex=bogus (detailed review of Semantics)

From: Jon Barnett <jonbarnett@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:06:38 -0500
To: public-html <public-html@w3.org>

On 7/26/07, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> (This is part of my detailed review of the Semantics and structure of HTML
> elements section.)
>
> In Firefox, any element that has a tabindex attribute specified,
> regardless of its value, receives focus when it is clicked. Is this to be
> considered a bug in Firefox or should the spec be updated to reflect this?
> --
This was added in Firefox 1.5 to mimic IE behavior, iirc.

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Accessible_DHTML

I think this is a good thing.  Anything with @tabindex is focusable to
help keyboard navigation of javascript-based menus (among other
reasons, I think).

Jon Barnett

(sorry for a double-post)